Welcome to OTTA
The Ovarian Tumor Tissue Analysis (OTTA) consortium is a forum of investigators of tumor studies of ovarian cancer, formed in April 2010. Many groups are conducting studies with the aim of identifying tumor factors that may be related to the prognosis of ovarian cancer. The aim of the group is to combine data from many studies, to provide a reliable assessment of the risks associated with specific tumor features.
- OTTA is an international multidisciplinary consortium that meets annually and has successfully worked together and produced numerous publications.
- OTTA has developed guidelines for immunohistochemistry and tissue micro-arrays to insure the quality of data between participating institutions. Data that does not meet these standards are excluded from OTTA analyses.
- Each study has submitted information about its study subjects including demographics and key clinical data. OTTA uses a standardized and rigorous data quality procedures.
- OTTA has organized a large-scale tumor expression project using a customized expression platform targeting tumor molecular subtypes.
- Many participating studies are also part of the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium (OCAC)
OTTA cannot provide advice or information on ovarian cancer to individuals or members of the public. Information on ovarian cancer is available on the Cancer Research UK website and the American Cancer Society.
Coordination of OTTA is funded by the OTTA Principal Investigators (PIs).
The OTTA website is supported by Dr. Ellen L. Goode.